-->
image

Welcome to Jay in VA

This is my spot in the blogworld to rant and rave and ramble - three things I do extremely well - and to just talk about my life in general. My blog has opened up a whole new world to me, and I hope you enjoy reading and commenting! Please feel free to do both. I appreciate your feedback.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wha' Happened to Spring?

I am still here, still alive. Just haven't posted since this time last week. That post (Dear Abby), and all of your awesome, supportive comments filled with excellent suggestions has taken some time to digest. (I can't get off the food theme apparently.) I appreciate every one of your responses to my pity party, and I can tell you I am taking some steps already to get off that overeating, under-exercising bandwagon. If you own any stock in fast food restaurants, I suggest you sell it. I expect to see them start tanking since they are officially, 100% off my radar now. I'd almost forgotten how good my banana/blueberry/Greek yogurt/almond milk smoothies are for breakfast! And leftovers of good food I fixed for dinners have been great lunches. THANK YOU!!!!

This won't be long. I titled it as I did because I am dripping with sweat from a minimal amount of work, so it must be summer already! It was 72 degrees Fahrenheit today. I am preparing to disappear tomorrow about 1PM for beautiful Bath County, Virginia where I will be staffing a caver meeting for the Virginia Region of the National Speleological Society. Should be fun with (hopefully) 400 or so cavers in attendance at the RASS Field Station (27 gorgeous acres of campground, with lots of amenities - and hopefully like last fall, some EYE CANDY)! I'm not cooking this time, but helping out with registration. I'm looking forward to getting away from the hell that hath been work for a day and a half this week, and next week, things should be quiet since it is spring break for us and the surrounding districts (around here, it almost always coincides with Easter falling on the final Sunday).

Unfortunately, my usual reparte of witty and wise comments will be on hold until I return. I hope no one goes through withdrawal! If I can find a spot with a signal, I'll try to at least answer email! HAHAHA!!! NOT!!! The phone will be off, and sitting in the console of the X.

I hope y'all have a great week end and weekend, too! And here is a statement on the state of the developed world today...


12 comments:

  1. Wait no Jay...I am going through with drawl already
    Hugs and have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Now, now, we must keep our terminology correct! Cavers RESCUE spelunkers! (The term "spelunker" went out of favor a couple of decades back.)

      I won't be going underground, can't risk injury that I know would happen. That endangers everyone else. I'll stay above ground, register people, and drink a lot of beer!
      Jay

      Delete
    2. Beer has calories!!! Got to limit your intake of beer, also!!!

      Delete
  3. Have fun and be safe. I'm working on the fast food thing so I applaud your effort and hope I can say the same. I'm not too familiar with cavers and what not. but it sounds like fun. Is there any repeling involved? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jay
    I hope you have a great weekend, and a peaceful week next week!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. No email or web access, how barbaric! Next thing we know you will be sleeping without central heat and air! My office closed down Outlook Web Access this week because of hacking issues, I am coping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jay,
    Try a diet of smoothies. You'll lose weight and your body will say "thank you"everytime you drink a smoothie. They're a win-win.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could make a beer smoothie with strawberries, spinach, and your favorite beer. It is called healthy alcohol consumption. Okay, I just made that up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jay;
    I was concerned for you reading your last post.... but you sound great. Live strong, live well, die happy.... what more could come of a good life?

    hugs
    randy

    ReplyDelete